Book descriptionTalk to anyone, anytime, about anything — with confidence.
How to Talk to Absolutely Anyone is your personal handbook for stepping up your communication game. Part confidence coach and part social manual, this book reveals the reasons behind your reserve and offers real, practical ways to break through the barriers and make a connection. Whether you fear judgement and rejection or just don't know what to say, these simple exercises will equip you with a gold mine of social tools to get you through any situation. This new second edition has been updated to include the complete 30-day Zero to Hero Personal Confidence Course, to help you build your skills and increase your chances of getting what you want out of any conversation. Working step-by-step, you'll learn how to approach strangers, strike up a conversation and exit gracefully; by first changing your outlook, you develop the ability to navigate even tricky situations with confidence and ease.
Conversation skills affect more than your social life — they can impact your career as well. In removing your social hesitance, you open up a whole new world of effective communication with customers and colleagues, and begin building the relationships that get you closer to your goals. This book provides real-world techniques to help you get better and better every day, enabling you to:
- Overcome your fear of rejection.
- Strike up a conversation with anyone, anywhere.
- Open up to make real connections and build strong rapport.
- Carry your confidence into networking, sales and more.
Leave the days of awkwardness behind you. Stop running away from uncomfortable interactions and start getting comfortable instead. Whether you need to close the deal, build contacts or just make small talk at a party, How to Talk to Absolutely Anyone helps you build the confidence and skills you need to talk your way to success.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- About the Author
- Foreword by Armand Beasley
- Introduction: Why You Should Want to Talk to Absolutely Anyone
PART ONE: Common Fears and Barriers about Talking to Absolutely Anyone
- 1 Fear – Does It Hold You Back?
- 2 “I Don't Want to Experience Rejection”
- 3 “I Worry about What Other People Might Think”
- 4 “I Hate Talking to Strangers – Why Would I Want to?”
PART TWO: The Four Stages of an Interaction
- 5 Stage 1 – Your Outcome and Starting a Conversation
- 6 How – How Do You Mentally and Physically Approach?
- 7 What – What Do You Say?
- 8 Stage 2 – Creating Curiosity and Interest
9 Stage 3 – Making a Connection and Being Understood
- Being Understood – An Example
- “What's Important to You?”
- Making it Easier for People to Understand What You're Saying
- What Words Are They Using?
- Decision Strategies
- Dealing with Questions
- How Much Detail?
- The Balance of Consistency and Variety
- A Little Recognition and Appreciation Goes a Long Way
- Are You Really Listening?
- 10 Stage 4 – Get Them to Take Action
PART THREE: Making Your Communication Even Better
- 11 Making Your Voice Work for You
- 12 Common Pitfalls
- 13 Difficult Work and Business Conversations
- 14 Final Thoughts
- PART FOUR: 31 Day “Zero To Hero” Talk To Absolutely Anyone Plan
- Blog Articles and YouTube
- End User License Agreement
- Title: How To Talk To Absolutely Anyone, 2nd Edition
- Release date: November 2017
- Publisher(s): Capstone
- ISBN: 9780857087454
You might also like
Digital technology runs on algorithms, sets of instructions that describe how to do something efficiently. Application …
The Rules of Thinking
The Rules of Thinking
English for Everyone English Phrasal Verbs
PLEASE NOTE - this is a replica of the print book and you will need a …
You, Only Better
If you want to be happy, fulfilled and energised its probably best not to obsess over …