Learn to build websites from scratch in this project-based course covering responsive web design and Bootstrap
About This Video
- Create responsive websites by hand-coding and using Bootstrap
- Use the Bootstrap framework to build responsive sites faster in HTML and CSS
- Build a great looking and functional website with HTML and CSS
Learn how to build websites from scratch using the essential ingredients, HTML and CSS.
By the end of this course, you’ll have the confidence and skills to create beautiful, functional websites. This course is project-based, so you’ll be jumping right into building your first website without wasting any time. Don't worry if you have little or no experience, the course will take you through every concept in an easy-to-understand manner, helping you learn as you build. You’ll even be able to apply what you learn to a real project and see the results instantly.
What you will be building:
- Project 1: Begin by creating a static recipe website from scratch. Learn the fundamentals of HTML and CSS by hand coding your first website.
- Project 2: Take your skills further by creating a fully responsive college website from the ground up, and make it look great on any device. You’ll learn new techniques such as media queries and how to set images of different sizes for different devices to reduce download time and improve image quality.
- Project 3: Equipped with an understanding of how websites are built from scratch, you’ll now use the popular Bootstrap framework to make building stunning responsive websites faster and easier. You’ll build a hotel’s website using many of Bootstrap's interesting features, such as drop-down navigation bars, glyphicons, a sliding carousel, and a mobile-first grid system.
This course is ideal if you want to save money and build a website for personal use, for your business, or even if you want to launch a new career in web development.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction & Getting started
- Chapter 2 : Project 1- MyRecipe Website
Chapter 3 : Project 2- MyCollege Website
- Setting up our responsive project 00:13:25
- HTML Header- Adding the menu and responsive images 00:09:57
- Adding the final HTML 00:16:47
- Mobile first styling- Header section 00:12:52
- Mobile first styling- Header section continued 00:05:03
- Final CSS for mobile view 00:10:47
- Introduction to CSS3 Media Queries and styling the tablet view 00:10:12
- Tablet styling continued 00:09:52
- Final CSS for larger devices and desktops 00:07:19
- Chapter 4 : Project 3- MyHotel Website
Chapter 5 : Thank You and What Now?
- Thank you and what now? 00:00:41
- Title: HTML and CSS for beginners: Build 3 projects from scratch
- Release date: October 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781839211072