Need to learn how to build a website, or brush up on your coding skills to enhance an existing site? This course will show you, step-by-step, how to set up a web site from scratch and tips and tricks of the trade to make your site more attractive and user-friendly. From what tools you need to build your site and creating and formatting pages, to what to test and look for before your site goes live, award-winning trainer Geoff Blake gives detailed and valuable information that will help you to master HTML coding skills. Geoff’s casual tone, real world examples, and the follow-along video make this course as entertaining as it is informative.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Let's Get Started!
- Chapter 2: Gettin' Your Files Organized!
Chapter 3: Doin' Nuthin'? Let's Build A Web Layout From Scratch!
- Setting Up The Page Structure 00:07:04
- Connecting The External Style Sheet And Testing 00:08:14
- Inserting And Formatting The Site Header 00:07:36
- Finishing Up The Basic Layout 00:04:48
- Debugging For Internet Explorer 00:03:25
- Understanding How The Layout Works 00:05:49
- Using Divs For Page Layout 00:07:14
- A More Economical Approach To Layout And CSS 00:07:50
- Using Float And Clear 00:05:54
- Centering The Layout 00:09:01
- Nesting Layout Objects 00:07:03
- Spacing Apart The Layout 00:09:11
- Final Touches 00:04:46
Chapter 4: Insertin' And Formattin' Text!
- Inserting Text Into The Layout 00:04:26
- Setting Up Paragraphs And Headings 00:04:36
- Adjusting The Layout For Text, Part 1 00:07:35
- Adjusting The Layout For Text, Part 2 00:05:19
- Formatting HTML Headings With CSS 00:06:48
- Formatting Paragraphs 00:04:09
- Using Class Rules To Format Text 00:05:22
- More Formatting With Class Rules 00:09:07
- Working More Efficiently With CSS 00:06:52
- Inserting And Formatting Lists 00:06:40
- Using A List To Build The Main Navigation Menu 00:10:15
- Setting Up The Footer Navigation 00:06:29
- Chapter 5: Now It's Time For Some Graphics!
- Chapter 6: Site Rollout: From A Single Page To A Multi-Page Site!
Chapter 7: Inserting Additional Page Elements!
- Adjusting The Site's Hyperlink Formatting 00:07:08
- Inserting A Simple Slideshow 00:08:29
- Inserting And Formatting Tables 00:08:15
- Inserting A Google Map 00:07:51
- Formatting A Customer Testimonial Page 00:07:07
- Setting Up A Contact Us Page 00:06:44
- Finalizing The Site 00:11:55
- Organizing The CSS File 00:05:27
- Chapter 8: Going Live: Uploading The Completed Site!
Wrapping Up HTML5 And CSS3
- Where To Go From Here 00:03:12
- Title: HTML5 And CSS3 Site Design
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): Ten Ton Books
- ISBN: 00016HTML5CSS3