HTML5 is revolutionizing the Web, and now it's coming to your ebook reader! With the release of the EPUB 3 specification, HTML5 support will officially be a part of the EPUB standard, and publishers will be able to take full advantage of HTML5's rich feature set to add rich media and interactivity to their ebook content.
HTML5 for Publishers gives an overview of some of the most exciting features HTML5 provides to ebook content creators--audio/video, geolocation, and the Canvas--and shows how to put them in action.
Table of contents
- A Note Regarding Supplemental Files
- 1. Canvas for Publishers
- 2. Geolocation for Publishers
- 3. <audio>/<video> for Publishers
4. MathML for Publishers
- A Fifteen-Minute Introduction to MathML
- MathML Comes Alive: An Interactive Quadratic Equation Solver
- MathML Browser and Ereader Compatibility
- Bibliography/Additional MathML resources
- 5. SVG for Publishers
- 6. Embedding HTML5 in EPUB
- About the Author
- Safari® Books Online
- Title: HTML5 for Publishers
- Release date: October 2011
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449314606
You might also like
Expanded Edition (August 2018) Updated with Design Patterns episodes from the Clean Code series from Clean …
Introducing Markdown and Pandoc: Using Markup Language and Document Converter
Discover how to write manuscripts in Markdown and translate them with Pandoc into different output formats. …
Automate the Boring Stuff with Python
Automate the Boring Stuff with Python teaches simple programming skills to automate everyday computer tasks.