A practical guide for realizing the true potential of social media—not for marketing, but for leadership.
Knowing the tools of social media is a must for successful marketing these days, but the real promise of social media is the way it can teach us a whole new way of doing business. Humanize takes the principles underlying social media’s growth and applies them to the way we lead and manage our organizations. Leading organizational consultants Jamie Notter and Maddie Grant help you change your organization, from the culture down to individual behavior, in ways that make it more human—and more effective. Drawing on their extensive experience, Notter and Grant help you make management innovation real and doable. Regardless of your title or position, this book can help you:
· Build a more trustworthy, open, generative, and courageous organization by embracing social and human principles.
· Change organizations from the inside out.
· Address critical elements of organizational behavior, process, and culture.
· Move beyond the social media buzzwords like transparent, decentralized, and open—and actually make them happen.
· Promote forms of “generative” success that go beyond profit and loss.
· Learn how to get started–you, personally, today, right now!
Table of contents
- Praise for Humanize
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Authors
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- 1 The Human Revolution
- 2 We Can’t Go Back
- 3 We’re Not Moving Forward
- 4 Challenges to Socializing Business
- 5 Social Organizations Are More Human
- 6 How To Be Open
- 7 How to Be Trustworthy
- 8 How to Be Generative
- 9 How to Be Courageous
- 10 What Now?
- Title: Humanize: How People-Centric Organizations Succeed in a Social World
- Release date: September 2011
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780132736954
You might also like
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Innovation (with featured article “The Discipline of Innovation,” by Peter F. Drucker)
NEW from the bestselling HBR’s 10 Must Reads series. To innovate profitably, you need more than …
Information Technology for Management: Advancing Sustainable, Profitable Business Growth, 9th edition
by Turban, Volonino & Wood engages students with up-to-date coverage of the most important IT trends …
People-Centric Skills: Interpersonal and Communication Skills for Auditors and Business Professionals
Business Professionals, to be Truly Effective and Advance in their Careers, Must Master their People-Centric Skills. …
The Restless Executive: Reclaim your values, love what you do and lead with purpose
A major shift is stirring in the corporate world today. Leaders at all levels are feeling …