To launch an EC2 instance, perform the following steps:
- Log in to your AWS account and go to the AWS EC2 console at: https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/.
- From the console, click on Launch Instance.
- From the available choices, select the AMI that is to be used to launch the instance:
- Select the instance type based on the number of CPUs, the memory required, and so on (we described instance types in the previous sections):
- Specify the network and subnet to be used to launch the instance: