A crash course on understanding and deploying your first smart contract in a Blockchain.
About This Video
- Understand the basics of a hash
- Learn how this simple concept enables the powerful blockchain architecture
- Learn how to install and configure Hyperledger Fabric using the easiest method available
- Learn how to install and run Composer, a high-level, easy to use interface to Fabric
- Learn how to set up a REST API to use your blockchain from outside Fabric
- Learn how to use a REST API testing application and then PHP to access data from our blockchain
Do you want to deploy a Blockchain but are overwhelmed by the sea of information out there that is half-baked and seems to want you to do too much at the same time?
If so, this course is for you. We will start by explaining exactly what a Blockchain is from a technical perspective instead of a high-level business overview. We start from absolute zero, assume no background, and give only those details that are necessary. Then, we move on to the highly popular and industry-backed blockchain framework: Hyperledger Fabric and its high-level library, Composer.
We explain how to set everything up and then move on to create our first Blockchain and then a smart contract.
We will also cover how this Blockchain can be used from an existing application using a REST API.
This will enable you to start using Blockchains in your own applications that can benefit from a blockchain or distributed ledger.
All the code files are placed at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hyperledger-Fabric-and-Composer---First-Practical-Blockchain
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Hashes, Blockchains and Smart Contracts
- Chapter 2 : Fabric and Composer Setup
Chapter 3 : Fun in the Playground
- Starting Playground, Basic Setup 00:04:18
- Defining a Model 00:03:41
- Defining Business Logic 00:04:43
- Defining Transactions and Executing the Blockchain 00:03:05
- Chapter 4 : Developing an Application on Fabric
- Chapter 5 : Integrating Blockchains into Existing Apps
Chapter 6 : Parting Words
- Where to Go from Here 00:02:41
- Title: Hyperledger Fabric and Composer - First Practical Blockchain
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838552619
You might also like
Docker for the Absolute Beginner - Hands-On
Learn Docker with Hands-On Coding Exercises About This Video The course introduces Docker and its key …
Algorithms: 24-part Lecture Series
Algorithms, Deluxe Edition, Fourth Edition These Algorithms Video Lectures cover the essential information that every serious …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
The Complete Node.js Developer Course (3rd Edition)
Learn Node.js by building real-world applications with Node, Express, MongoDB, Mocha, and more! About This Video …