Understand OpenStack architecture. Install and configure your own private cloud cluster. Learn KeyStone, Glance and Nova
About This Video
- First, you will be introduced to the OpenStack Series and a few of its components or services.
- Next, you will deep-dive into each of the components.
- You will learn their basic architecture.
- You will learn how to install and configure these components with informative demonstrations.
- They will be explained in simple, easy language.
- Assessment quizzes tied to the end of each module will help you test your knowledge of the module.
Enhance your career with this course in IaaS Cloud Computing With OpenStack MasterClass - Part 1. OpenStack began in 2010 as a joint project of RackSpace Hosting and NASA. More than 500 companies have joined the project since. OpenStack is an open source software for building private and public clouds. This is a cloud operating system that controls a large pool of compute, storage and networking resources throughout a data centre. OpenStack boosts business agility, availability, and efficiency by providing a platform with on-demand, resource pooling, self-service, highly elastic, and measured services capabilities. OpenStack has certain capabilities, like a self-service life cycle management, for example, the run, reboot, suspend, resize and terminate instances. We don’t need a manual introduction to perform all these tasks. It will automatically do it using the different OpenStack services. Now, why would you want to do that? Can’t you just subscribe with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud, Salesforce, Google or some other cloud services provider? You certainly can. However, if you are not comfortable entrusting sensitive data to a third party and you have tons of it, then an on-premise or private cloud infrastructure would be the better choice. By building your own cloud in your own data centre, you will have more control of your data. OpenStack enables you to do just that.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Welcome and Introduction to OpenStack
- Chapter 2 : Understanding OpenStack Cloud Solution
Chapter 3 : OpenStack Installation and Configuration
- Getting Started With OpenStack Environment 00:00:55
- Prerequisite for Installation and Configuration 00:07:01
- Setup OpenStack Cluster 00:07:09
- Prepare Nodes for OpenStack 00:07:54
- Configure NTP Clients on OpenStack Nodes 00:06:43
- Configure NTP Client 00:04:26
- Install Pre-Requisite Packages 00:06:25
- Install and Configure MariaDB 00:03:19
- Install RabbitMQ Server 00:07:15
Chapter 4 : OpenStack KeyStone Service
- Get Started With OpenStack KeyStone Service 00:00:49
- Introduction to OpenStack KeyStone Service 00:07:56
- OpenStack Installation 00:05:19
- Install OpenStack KeyStone Service 00:05:21
- Update Configuration Files Part # 1 00:04:54
- Update Configuration Files Part # 2 00:06:28
- Update Configuration Files Part # 3 00:08:08
- Deploy API Endpoints 00:07:25
- Complete KeyStone Service Installation 00:04:42
- OpenRC Files 00:04:28
- Chapter 5 : OpenStack Glance Service
- Chapter 6 : OpenStack Nova Service
Chapter 7 : Conclusion
- Thanks! (Bonus Lecture) 00:03:52
- Title: IaaS Cloud Computing With OpenStack MasterClass - Part 1
- Release date: July 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789615647