Chapter 2. Advanced Report Authoring
In this chapter, we will cover the following:
- Adding cascaded prompts
- Creating a nested report – defining the master-detail relationship
- Writing back to the database
- Adding conditional formatting
- Formatting negative values
- Playing with conditional styles
- Using conditional blocks – many reports in one
- Defining drill-through from crosstab intersection
- Overriding crosstab intersection drill-through definitions
Now as you have implemented the recipes in Chapter 1, Report Authoring Basic Concepts or read through them, I am confident that we are on the same page about the fundamental techniques of report authoring.
Now you know how filtering, sorting, and aggregation work. You also know how to apply data formatting, ...