Your essential training for authoring professional reports that meet business demands
About This Video
Understand the fundamentals and architecture of Cognos 10 Report Studio to become proficient with the tool
Move on from simple to advanced techniques by watching purely example -driven videos that peek into the best practices used in the industry
Overcome tool-based limitations by achieving speedy and effortless report development
Rewind, replay, and practice the techniques yourself using our downloadable examples
Suitable for most versions of Report Studio (v8.2, v8.4 and v10.x)
"IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio Fundamentals" covers the basic and advanced features of report authoring. It helps you understand and use all the features provided by Report Studio to generate impressive deliverables to take you from being a beginner to a professional report author. Develop excellent reports using dimensional data sources by following best practices in this course.
Starting with an overview of high-level architecture and installation of Cognos 10 Report Studio , you will progress from building simple to advanced List and Crosstab reports and much more. Each topic is shown with working examples, in a clear and concise way to enable you to quickly grasp and practice these.
You will see how to add data formatting, conditional layouts, and filters to your reports to use them effectively. You define how to format numbers, present data into charts or matrix, and link the reports together. You will learn how to stay in control by examining underlying queries and pick up best practices like using layout component references, templates and code comments.
In short, Cognos 10 Report Studio Fundamentals will help you get the best out of Cognos 10 Report Studio. The main focus is on the practical use of various powerful features that Report Studio has to offer to suit your business requirements and enable you to start building professional reports on your own.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Installation, Configuration, and Architecture of Cognos 10 BI
- Chapter 2 : Creating Simple and Advanced List Reports
- Chapter 3 : Filters, Prompts, and Calculations
- Chpater 4 : Creating Simple to Advanced Crosstab Reports
Chapter 5 : Using Graphs for Visual Presentation
- Creating a Simple Chart Showing Sales over Countries and Product Lines 00:02:57
- Projecting Multiple Measures on Charts and Other Refinements 00:04:03
- Nesting Items in a Chart, Filtering, and Some More Properties 00:04:46
- Chart inside a list & Master-Detailed Relationship 00:04:04
- Enable Chart Properties and Create a 3D Bubble Chart 00:04:32
Chapter 6 : Drill Through From a List Report to Another List Report
- Creating a Drill-through from a List Report to Another 00:04:54
- Passing Multiple Parameters in Drill-through: From a Chart to a List 00:04:53
- Enabling Drill Up and Drill Down in Dimensional Models 00:04:50
- Drill Through to Itself to Mimic Exporting to Excel or PDF 00:03:36
- Conditional Drill-through Definitions 00:04:04
- Chapter 8 : Best Practices and Tricks
- Title: IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio Fundamentals
- Release date: May 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849689281