Chapter 2. Creating dimensions in TM1
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Creating dimensions manually
- Creating a Months dimension
- Adding additional levels in Months dimension
- Adding "Next" and "Previous" attributes to the "Months" dimension
- Creating dimensions using turbo integrator
- Execution of scripts for a TM1 process
In this chapter we are going to cover dimensions which are basic building blocks of TM1 cubes. In general, a dimension is a data element that categorizes each item in a data set into non-overlapping regions. It provides structured labeling information to otherwise unordered numeric measures and provide the means to "slice and dice" data.
Here we will discuss the concept of dimensions specific to TM1 and will gradually refine ...