Creating a drill path to an ODBC source
In this recipe, we will be extending drill-through concepts explained in the previous recipe and will create a drill-through path to an ODBC data source.
Ensure that the TM1 Admin Server service is started and demodata TM1 Server is running. Open the TM1 Architect tool from the start menu.
How to do it...
- Right-click on the Sales_Plan cube and from the Drill menu click on Create Drill Process.
- Click on the Next button in the Drill Process Setup Wizard.
- For Datasource Type select ODBC and click on Browse.
- In the ODBC data source list select Sales_Plan and click on OK.
- We have already created the Sales_Plan ODBC in a previous chapter which points to
Sales_Plan.xls, having a range defined by name of ...