This IBM® Redpaper™chapter publication explains the configuration, relocation, and verification of the IBM Geographically Dispersed Resiliency on IBM Power Systems™ solution to protect SAP HANA and SAP NetWeaver applications.
This is a supplemental guide to IBM Geographically Dispersed Resiliency for IBM Power Systems, SG24-8382, which outlines the specifics when using Geographically Dispersed Resilience for SAP applications, including SAP HANA.
Business continuity is a part of business operations. Downtime and disruptions can cause financial losses and impact public relations and trust in your business. Also, governments in many countries require businesses to have disaster recovery (DR) plans demonstrate regularly that the recovery plan tests successfully.
IBM Geographically Dispersed Resiliency for IBM Power Systems is a DR solution that covers servers but can include business applications. In particular, this solution provides features to support the high availability (HA) of logical partitions (LPARs) running SAP HANA and SAP NetWeaver applications.
IBM Geographically Dispersed Resiliency enables simplified DR management for IBM Power Systems servers. In fewer than 10 steps, administrators can deploy and configure the solution. This is the only solution on IBM Power Systems that offers nondisruptive DR testing.
Table of contents
- Front cover
- Key terminologies that are used in the IBM Geographically Dispersed Resiliency solution
- Hardware configuration that uses the ksysmgr utilities
- Moving virtual machines from source to target
- Checking the NUMA layout before starting SAP HANA and after DR
- Verifying the SAP HANA database and NetWeaver on LPARs after migration
- Now you can become a published author, too!
- Stay connected to IBM Redbooks
- Back cover
- Title: IBM Geographically Dispersed Resilience for SAP HANA and SAP NetWeaver
- Release date: May 2018
- Publisher(s): IBM Redbooks
- ISBN: 9780738456829
You might also like
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
The Hitchhiker's Guide to Python
The Hitchhiker's Guide to Python takes the journeyman Pythonista to true expertise. More than any other …
SAP HANA Cookbook
Your all-inclusive guide to understanding SAP HANA with over 50 recipes Understand the architecture of SAP …
Dive into Bitcoin technology with this hands-on guide from one of the leading teachers on Bitcoin …