232 IBM WebSphere Everyplace Access V5, Volume II: Application Development
Figure 7-26 Importing the provided WAR file
7.4 Run the WSClientPortlet application
In this section, you will run the Web Services client (WSClientPortlet) to access
the prime number generator Web Service. Execute the following steps:
1. Run the WSClientPortlet portlet application by right-clicking WSClientPortlet
in the Navigator panel and selecting Run on Server.
Figure 7-27 Running WSClientPortlet
2. Select the option to Create a new server.
Chapter 7. Accessing Web Services 233
Figure 7-28 Server selection
3. Click Finish (Figure 7-28) and wait a few minutes for the server. The portlet
will run and will be seen in the built-in browser. Click the method
getPrime(int) to access the Web Service and generate a prime number.
234 IBM WebSphere Everyplace Access V5, Volume II: Application Development
Figure 7-29 Available methods
4. Enter a number of digits, for example 2, and click Invoke.
Figure 7-30 Invoking Web Services
5. The result from the Web Service will be shown.
Chapter 7. Accessing Web Services 235
Figure 7-31 Results from the Web Service
236 IBM WebSphere Everyplace Access V5, Volume II: Application Development
Get IBM WebSphere Everyplace Access V5 Handbook for Developers and Administrators Volume II: Application Development now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.