This video teaches you how to build a powerful image classifier in just minutes using convolutional neural networks and PyTorch. It reviews the fundamental concepts of convolution and image analysis; shows you how to create a simple convolutional neural network (CNN) with PyTorch; and demonstrates how using transfer learning with a deep CNN to train on image datasets can generate state-of-the-art performance. The course is designed for the software engineer looking to get started with deep learning and for the AI researcher with TensorFlow or Theano experience who wants a smooth transition into PyTorch. Prerequisites include an understanding of algebra, basic calculus, and basic Python skills. Learners should download and install PyTorch before starting class.
- Learn how to build a powerful image classifier in minutes using PyTorch
- Explore the basics of convolution and how to apply them to image recognition tasks
- Learn how to do transfer learning in conjunction with powerful pretrained models
- Gain experience using powerful deep learning models for image recognition tasks
Goku Mohandas is an AI researcher in Silicon Valley. Goku's experience includes working in the intersection of AI and biotechnology for the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory. He holds an MS in Machine Learning from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Alfredo Canziani has a PhD in Artificial Intelligence from Purdue University, where he serves as a Principal Lecturer in AI and deep learning. Both men are deeply committed to the democratization of AI with a focus on interpretability and transparency.
Table of contents
- Course Introduction
- The Curse of Dimensionality with Traditional Feed Forward Networks
- Exploiting Locality and Stationarity of Data with Convolutions
- CNNs for Image Processing
- Simple CNN for MNIST classification using PyTorch
- Popular CNN Architectures for Image Recognition
- Using Popular CNNs in PyTorch
- CNNs for Document Classification using PyTorch
- Title: Image Analysis and Text Classification using CNNs in PyTorch
- Release date: May 2018
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491989951
You might also like
Convolutional Neural Networks with Swift for Tensorflow: Image Recognition and Dataset Categorization
Dive into and apply practical machine learning and dataset categorization techniques while learning Tensorflow and deep …
Learning Probabilistic Graphical Models in R
Familiarize yourself with probabilistic graphical models through real-world problems and illustrative code examples in R About …
Introduction to Deep Learning Using PyTorch
What is this video about, and why is it important? This video will serve as an …
Mastering Computer Vision with TensorFlow 2.x
Apply neural network architectures to build state-of-the-art computer vision applications using the Python programming language Key …