This IBM® Redbooks® publication describes how to implement and manage a hyperconverged private cloud solution by using theoretical knowledge, hands-on exercises, and documenting the findings by way of sample scenarios.
This book also is a guide about how to implement and manage a high-performance enterprise infrastructure and private cloud platform for big data, artificial intelligence, and transactional and analytics workloads on IBM Power Systems.
This book use available documentation, hardware, and software resources to meet the following goals:
- Document the web-scale architecture that demonstrates the simple and agile nature of public clouds.
- Showcase the hyperconverged infrastructure to help cloud native applications mine cognitive analytics workloads.
- Conduct and document implementation case studies.
- Document guidelines to help provide an optimal system configuration, implementation, and management.
This publication addresses topics for developers, IT architects, IT specialists, sellers, and anyone that wants to implement and manage a high-performance enterprise infrastructure and private cloud platform on IBM Power Systems. This book also provides documentation to transfer the how-to-skills to the technical teams, and solution guidance to the sales team. This book compliments any documentation that is available in IBM Knowledge Center, and aligns with the educational materials that are provided by the IBM Systems Software Education (SSE).
Table of contents
- Front cover
- Chapter 1. Introduction to Nutanix and Hyperconverged computing for cloud native applications and cognitive workloads
- Chapter 2. Using a hyperconverged infrastructure with Nutanix on IBM Power Systems
Chapter 3. System configuration, reference architecture, and systems management for Nutanix on IBM Power Systems
- 3.1 Starting Nutanix on IBM Power Systems
- 3.2 Build blocks: Nutanix on IBM Power Systems
- 3.3 Nutanix web console: Prism Central
- 3.4 Verifying and preparing the environment for deployment
- 3.5 Deploying a virtual machine
- Chapter 4. Configuration and management recommended practices
Chapter 5. Nutanix use cases
- 5.1 Installing packages in Nutanix
- 5.2 MongoDB overview
- 5.3 Installation and configuration of a MongoDB Shard in a Nutanix Cloud
- 5.4 Nutanix command line interface
- 5.5 Nutanix REST API
- Chapter 6. Deployment scenarios
- Related publications
- Back cover
- Title: Implementing and Managing a High-performance Enterprise Infrastructure with Nutanix on IBM Power Systems
- Release date: March 2020
- Publisher(s): IBM Redbooks
- ISBN: 9780738458564
You might also like
Mastering VMware vSphere 6.7
Master your virtual environment with the ultimate vSphere guide Mastering VMware vSphere 6.7 is the fully …
UNIX and Linux System Administration Handbook, 5th Edition
“As an author, editor, and publisher, I never paid much attention to the competition—except in a …
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Fundamentals LiveLessons has more than 10 hours of comprehensive video …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …