Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) Foundation Learning Guide: Foundation learning for SWITCH 642-813
Richard Froom, CCIE No. 5102
Erum Frahim, CCIE No. 7549
Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) Foundation Learning Guide is a Cisco® authorized learning tool for CCNP® and CCDP® preparation. As part of the Cisco Press foundation learning series, this book covers how to plan, configure, and verify the implementation of complex enterprise switching solutions using the Cisco Campus Enterprise Architecture. The Foundation Learning Guide also covers secure integration of VLANs, WLANs, voice, and video into campus networks.
Each chapter opens with the list of topics covered to clearly identify the focus of that chapter. At the end of each chapter, a summary and review questions provide you with an opportunity to assess and reinforce your understanding of the material. Throughout the book detailed explanations with commands, configurations, and diagrams serve to illuminate theoretical concepts.
Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) Foundation Learning Guide is ideal for certification candidates who are seeking a tool to learn all the topics covered in the SWITCH 642-813 exam.
- Serves as the official book for the Cisco Networking Academy CCNP SWITCH course
- Provides a thorough presentation of the fundamentals of multilayer switched network design
- Explains the implementation of the design features such as VLAN, Spanning Tree, and inter-VLAN routing in the multilayer switched environment
- Explains how to implement high-availability technologies and techniques
- Covers security features in a switched network
- Presents self-assessment review questions, chapter topics, summaries, command syntax explanations, network diagrams, and configuration examples to facilitate effective studying
This book is in the Foundation Learning Guide Series. These guides are developed together with Cisco® as the only authorized, self-paced learning tools that help networking professionals build their understanding of networking concepts and prepare for Cisco certification exams.