As discussed in Chapter 2, Networks for Digital Enterprises, manageability is a key characteristic of the network, and it needs to be factored for at each stage of the network lifecycle. This means that planning needs to be done for network management teams, tools that will be used, and parameters that need to be monitored on the network, to detect any degradation of the SLAs before the services actually go down.
It is important to plan and design the following aspects, among others:
- How will the network be managed?
- What are the tools to be used for monitoring the network?
- What are the parameters that will be managed?
- How will a new service be implemented on the network?
- What are the steps to be followed in ...