Upon completing this chapter, you will be able to describe and configure CAC mechanisms and AAR in CUCM. You will be able to meet these objectives:
• Describe the CAC options provided by CUCM
• Implement locations-based CAC in CUCM
• Implement RSVP-enabled locations-based CAC in CUCM
• Implement AAR in order to reroute calls over the PSTN if not enough bandwidth is available for an on-net call
• Implement SIP preconditions on SIP trunks in CUCM
• Implement H.323 gatekeeper-based CAC in CUCM
Implementing multiple-site IP telephony deployments over an IP WAN requires additional planning to ensure the quality and availability of voice calls.
When an IP WAN connects multiple sites in a Cisco Unified ...