Chapter 9. Implementing Call Admission Control
Upon completing this chapter, you will be able to describe and configure CAC mechanisms and AAR in CUCM. You will be able to meet these objectives:
• Describe the CAC options provided by CUCM
• Implement locations-based CAC in CUCM
• Implement RSVP-enabled locations-based CAC in CUCM
• Implement AAR in order to reroute calls over the PSTN if not enough bandwidth is available for an on-net call
• Implement SIP preconditions on SIP trunks in CUCM
• Implement H.323 gatekeeper-based CAC in CUCM
Implementing multiple-site IP telephony deployments over an IP WAN requires additional planning to ensure the quality and availability of voice calls.
When an IP WAN connects multiple sites in a Cisco Unified ...