96 Implementing IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for WebSphere Business Integration V1.1
Figure 4-28 Installation completion
4.1.4 Create additional instances of the agent
The IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for WebSphere MQ Monitoring Agent monitors
a single WebSphere MQ queue manager. If you want to monitor multiple queue
managers, create one instance of the monitoring agent for each queue manager.
One agent instance is needed per queue manager.
To create an additional instance of the IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for
WebSphere MQ Monitoring Agent:
1. From Manage Candle Services, right-click WebSphere MQ Monitoring
Agent (Figure 4-29 on page 97) and select Create Instance.
Note: You will need to install the IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for WebSphere
Business Integration Support component on the CandleNet Portal server for
monitoring WebSphere Business Integration. This installation is similar to
“CandleNet Portal Support for z/OS” on page 76.
Chapter 4. Installation and configuration of WebSphere MQ Agents 97
Figure 4-29 Creating a WebSphere MQ Agent instance
2. When prompted, supply a name for the new instance (no blanks are allowed),
and then click OK.
3. The name you supply appears in the Task/Subsystem column of the Manage
Candle Services window.
4. Next, you will need to configure the agent. Right-click the WebSphere MQ
Monitoring Agent instance you created and select Configure using defaults.
5. To accept existing communications settings, click OK on the two configuration
dialogs that appear, or make any desired changes on these dialogs, and then
6. You are prompted to edit the agent.s .cfg file. (The Primary agent’s file is
– If your site has a default queue manager specified, the agent’s default .cfg
file will operate successfully with no modifications. Click No. The agent will
be configured using defaults. If necessary, you can customize this file later
after you have a verified successful installation.