A guide to ISO/IEC 20000 - implementation and certification
ISO/IEC 20000 is an important international standard for IT service providers. Implementation and certification will improve your business processes and practices. It will reassure your customers that your company is efficient, reliable and trustworthy. Customers will return because they know from experience that your service is second to none.
- Purchase the ISO20000 standards documents
- View the ISO20000 documentation toolkit
- Book a place on an ISO20000 training course
Use ISO20000 to win customers
Potential customers will look for suppliers with ISO/IEC 20000 certification, seeking the reassurance it provides. This book will guide you through implementation and certification. Your streamlined management processes will enable you to offer first-class customer service at competitive prices. The impact on your profit margins is clear!
Learn to implement ISO/IEC 20000
This step-by-step management guide will benefit all who have a role in the ISO/IEC 20000 implementation and certification process. Written for companies of any size in any location, it:
- gives a clear and detailed breakdown of the 2011 edition of the ISO 20000 Standard
- identifies the role of ISO/IEC 20000 and other related standards, as well as ITIL and COBIT and the relationship between them
- explains what is really meant by 'quality'
- establishes the importance of a service management system and gives practical recommendations for its implementation
- tells you how to prepare for audit, including carrying out a Gap Analysis
- offers an explanation of the individual processes outlined in the Standard and gives clear guidelines for their implementation.
ISO20000 aligned to EXIN programmes
This book offers a considerable amount of practical advice and recommendations on how to prepare for audit and implementation, making your journey to certification as smooth as possible.
It is also the ideal companion to the EXIN IT Service Management based on ISO/IEC 20000 programme. The Foundation level and Associate level of the EXIN programme are now completely aligned to the book.
Table of Contents
- About The Author
- Chapter 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 20000
- Chapter 2: Service Quality and ISO/IEC 20000
- Chapter 3: The ISO/IEC 20000 Family and Emerging Related Standards
- Chapter 4: Frameworks and Management System Integration
- Chapter 5: Requirements for a Service Management System
- Chapter 6: Scope Definition
- Chapter 7: Gap Analysis
- Chapter 8: Planning and Implementing Service Management
- Chapter 9: Design and Transition of New or Changed Services
- Chapter 10: Service Delivery Processes
- Chapter 11: Relationship Processes
- Chapter 12: Resolution Processes
- Chapter 13: Control Processes
- Configuration management
- Chapter 14: Preparing for the Audit
- Appendix A: Bibliography
- ITG Resources
- Title: Implementing Service Quality based on ISO/IEC 20000: A Management Guide, Third Edition
- Release date: October 2012
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849284448