Deploy a Hyper-V Server on Windows Server 2019
About This Video
- End-to-end Hyper-V deployment and management instruction
- The course content is structured to closely mirror real-world deployment and management processes
- This course includes all of the latest enhancements made to the Hyper-V role, including creating shielded Linux virtual machines
Hyper-V is Microsoft's hardware virtualization product and it will let you create and run software on a virtual machine. It’s more cost effective in most scenarios, because it more efficiently utilizes physical server resources.
In this course, you’ll see how to implement Hyper-V to reduce software licensing costs and free up your staff time. You’ll see how to install the Windows Server 2019 Hyper-V role and deploy virtual networks, virtual hard drives, and virtual machines.
Moving on, you’ll discover the best practices for a virtual machine and virtual hard drive storage. We’ll give you detailed guidance on how to attain high performance by leveraging Hyper-V virtual network adapter features and virtual machine configuration.
By the end of this course, you’ll have learned how to deploy a Windows Server 2019 Hyper-V server. You’ll deploy and configure virtual switches, virtual hard drives, and virtual machines.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Implementing-Windows-Server-2019-Hyper-V
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Installing the Hyper-V Role
- The Course Overview 00:03:31
- Introducing Hyper-V 00:06:10
- New Hyper-V Features in Windows Server 2016 and 2019 00:06:11
- New Virtual Machine Features in Windows Server 2016/2019 00:06:32
- Installing the Hyper-V Role 00:06:24
- Nested Virtualization 00:04:26
- Chapter 2 : Configuring Virtual Hard Drive Storage for VMs
- Chapter 3 : Configuring Virtual Networks
- Chapter 4 : Configuring Virtual Machines
Chapter 5 : Managing Virtual Machines
- Managing Virtual Machine States 00:04:31
- Creating and Managing Checkpoints 00:06:18
- Exporting and Importing Virtual Machines and Checkpoint Files 00:06:05
- Moving Virtual Machines to a Different Hyper-V Server 00:05:48
- Executing PowerShell Scripts from the Hyper-V Host Using PowerShell Direct 00:07:24
- Title: Implementing Windows Server 2019 Hyper-V
- Release date: February 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789958942