Book DescriptionThe actionable guide for driving organizational innovation through better IT strategy
With rare insight, expert technology strategist Peter High emphasizes the acute need for IT strategy to be developed not in a vacuum, but in concert with the broader organizational strategy. This approach focuses the development of technology tools and strategies in a way that is comprehensive in nature and designed with the concept of value in mind. The role of CIO is no longer "just" to manage IT strategy—instead, the successful executive will be firmly in tune with corporate strategy and a driver of a technology strategy that is woven into overall business objectives at the enterprise and business unit levels.
High makes use of case examples from leading companies to illustrate the various ways that IT infrastructure strategy can be developed, not just to fall in line with business strategy, but to actually drive that strategy in a meaningful way. His ideas are designed to provide real, actionable steps for CIOs that both increase the executive's value to the organization and unite business and IT in a manner that produces highly-successful outcomes.
- Formulate clearer and better IT strategic plans
- Weave IT strategy into business strategy at the corporate and business unit levels
- Craft an infrastructure that aligns with C-suite strategy
- Close the gap that exists between IT leaders and business leaders
While function, innovation, and design remain key elements to the development and management of IT infrastructure and operations, CIOs must now think beyond their primary purview and recognize the value their strategies and initiatives will create for the organization. With Implementing World Class IT Strategy, the roadmap to strategic IT excellence awaits.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: “Techtonic” Plates
- Chapter 2: The CIO as Strategic Facilitator
- Chapter 3: IT Missions
- Chapter 4: Facilitating Corporate and Divisional Strategy
- Chapter 5: IT Strategy Creation
- Chapter 6: Enterprise Architecture
- Chapter 7: Reviewing, Refreshing, and Communicating Strategy
- Chapter 8: The Challenging Work Ahead
- The Author
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Implementing World Class IT Strategy
- Release date: September 2014
- Publisher(s): Jossey-Bass
- ISBN: 9781118634110