178 Improving Business Performance Insight
6.2 WebSphere Information Integration
An On Demand Business requires business processes, systems, and people to
be fully integrated within your company and with partners, suppliers, and
customers. Integration is at the heart of the On Demand Business.
For example, we have described six of the critical business integration initiatives
addressed by IBM WebSphere Information Integration and have depicted them
in Figure 6-40.
1. Master Data Management: Reliably synchronize all important business
information dimensions, such as customers and products, across multiple
2. Business Intelligence: Take the guesswork out of important decisions by
consolidating trusted information in whatever form is needed, whenever it is
3. Business Transformation: Transform companies into On Demand Businesses
by isolating users and applications from the underlying information
4. Infrastructure Rationalization: Streamline corporate information access and
reduce costs through an optimized information infrastructure.
5. Risk and Compliance: Deliver a dependable information management
foundation to improve corporate visibility, ensure regulatory compliance, and
lower operational risk.
6. Corporate Portals: Provide information on demand while isolating users from
the complexities of multiple data sources and application interfaces.
Figure 6-40 Business initiatives and Information Integration