Isn't it time you got the job you deserve? Your workplace transformation is about to begin!
FACT: When opportunity knocks in the workplace, most people don't know how to seize it.
This book will show you exactly how to spot--and master--your next great job opportunity.
Are you ready to become the OBVIOUS CHOICE at promotion time?
You can be. The good news? It's a lot easier than you think.
Believe it or not, you already have the tools. Indispensable! teaches you how to use them to position yourself for job success, every time. From international bestselling author and leadership expert David Cottrell and sales guru Robert Nix comes the ultimate insider's guide for those who want to break through and control their professional destiny. In simple, clear language--featuring informative and relatable case studies--you'll discover how easy it can be to transform your on-the-job persona to become the person who succeeds first and fastest. No matter what your title is, you'll be equipped to navigate the trickiest workplaces and position yourself for growth at every turn. You'll put yourself in the spotlight and become the individual everyone else admires and wants to be.
Indispensable! demonstrates how to create and maintain your best image 24/7: how to project strength, smarts, competence, and leadership. It's an indispensable road map with superb strategies for how to:
- Assess your workplace persona and perception
- Formulate a goal-oriented action plan that works
- Incorporate behavior modification to transform yourself inside and outside of work
- Identify, set, and sustain measurable goals
- Optimize your organizational skills (while decluttering your life)
Indispensable! is packed with tips on how to listen, how to put coworkers at ease, how to use humor to your advantage (and when to avoid it), how to participate at business functions, and how to cultivate a public persona and effortless demeanor that attracts others.
PRAISE FOR INDISPENSABLE!
"Indispensable! A powerful guide for all who want to become indispensable within their organization." -- Marshall Goldsmith, author of What Got You Here Won't Get You There
"Indispensable! is a little book full of big ideas that can be understood and applied by anyone—anyone, that is, who really wants to increase their value, their respectability, and the likelihood they will be promoted. Read this book and take the first step above average to Indispensable!” -- Ken Blanchard, coauthor of The One Minute Manager® and Trust Works!
"An indispensable part of your business library. The wise guidance outlined within Indispensable! is a great road map for anyone looking to move up in any organization." -- Lorraine Grubbs, former Director of Employment, Southwest Airlines, and author of Lessons in Loyalty
"Cottrell and Nix's easy-to-follow insight and action plans for quickly becoming indispensable to your organization, coupled with your own intuition--often considered the sum total of your life experiences--will undoubtedly prepare you for the success and boundless opportunities that your career has in store." -- Kip Tindell, Chairman and CEO, The Container Store, listed on Fortune's top 100 places to work for 14 years in a row
"A great primer for those reexamining their occupation or those just beginning their career. Talent Plus agrees with the authors: 'It is your responsibility to understand your talents, values, and desires and then develop the courage to move forward.'" -- Kimberly Rath, President, Talent Plus, recognized as an Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplace
Table of Contents
- Opener 00:00:19
- Dedication 00:00:37
- Introduction 00:03:21
- Section 1: Square One; Chapter 1: Escaping the Status Quo 00:15:25
- Chapter 2: Reality Check 00:16:16
- Chapter 3: Establishing Your Path 00:11:53
- Section 2: Look Like You Mean Business; Chapter 4: Reflecting What You Want Others to See 00:11:12
- Chapter 5: Everything Counts 00:20:50
- Chapter 6: Unclutter, Unravel, and Transform 00:19:44
- Section 3: Connect, Connect, Connect; Chapter 7: Shh ... Listen 00:09:45
- Chapter 8: Speech Matters 00:23:57
- Chapter 9: Write Can Be Wrong 00:10:40
- Section 4: Business Rules; Chapter 10: Humor Is Not Always Funny 00:11:10
- Chapter 11: Business Is Business 00:21:30
- Section 5: That Was Then, This Is Now; Chapter 12: EAT More 00:09:02
- Chapter 13: Your Move 00:04:30
- Chapter 14: Back to the Future 00:03:38
- Notes & Acknowledgments & Recommended Resources for Additional Study 00:00:41
- Title: Indispensable! Becoming the Obvious Choice in Business and in Life (Audio Book)
- Release date: November 2013
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071835411