Labour-management Cooperation/Workers’ Participation in Management
This chapter will enable students to:
- Explain the meaning and importance of workers’ participation in management
- Describe different degrees and forms of labour-management cooperation
- Understand the composition and functions of works committees and the causes of their limited success
- Explain the objectives, composition and functions of Joint Councils of Management and the reasons for their failure
- Describe the schemes of employees’ participation in management in public sector enterprises and government services
- Describe the main features of the schemes of workers’ participation in management in the private sector and reasons for their successful working ...