4 ERP Systems: Basic Concepts and the Example SAP
ERP Systems are a very popular way to integrate company applications. This chapter will focus on ERP as a means of integration, and will exemplify it with SAP as the leading vendor in 2014. After this chapter, you should be able to …
- – … distinguish the way ERP systems integrate from other means of integration.
- – … describe in detail how data integration and process integration is achieved in ERP systems.
- – … describe the market structure for ERP systems.
- – … evaluate the success of ERP introduction projects and use.
- – … describe relationships and hierarchy of objects in the financial, logistics and sales module of an ERP system exemplified by SAP.
- – … navigate through SAP (or another ERP system) ...