6 Planning and Preparing IS Development
The last chapter dealt with managing IT once it is up and running. But how do IT-SYSTEMS come into existence and how are they created? This chapter will deal with two aspects:
- – What approaches can be applied to manage the creation of Information Systems?
- – What tools and methods will be used during the first parts of the development cycle? How can the creation of IS be planned and prepared?
After this chapter you should be able to …
- – … describe the software development cycle for standard software and individual software and its key elements.
- – … describe classical process models and judge their suitability for certain kinds of IS development.
- – … evaluate the criticism of the agile movement against ...