The honest truth about influence: what it is, how it works and how you can do it better.
Your ability to influence can spell the difference between success and failure in business: with it you can get things done, spark change and transform results as you gently persuade, convince and motivate others to get that ‘yes’.
But understanding exactly what influential people do and the effect it has, remains a mystery to most of us – not any more.
Influence combines the latest research in neuroscience and emotional intelligence with clever, practical and highly effective techniques to take your influencing skills to an impressive new level.
- Effectively influence any personality you encounter - in any situation
- Learn to properly listen, understand, and ask the right questions
- Speak persuasively and compellingly as you learn the real language of influence
- Be more productive, more efficient and get better results
- Expertly handle high-pressure situations and challenging people
Influence is the silent skill that, when mastered, promises you powerful results.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- About the author
- Author’s acknowledgements
- Publisher’s acknowledgements
- How to use this book
- Chapter 1: Influence matters
- Chapter 2: Influencing different personality styles
- Chapter 3: We’re all talking but nobody’s listening
- Chapter 4: Words change minds: the language of influence
- Chapter 5: Why stories change the world
- Chapter 6: Influence in every channel
- Chapter 7: Influence under pressure
- Further reading
- Title: Influence
- Release date: November 2013
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 9781292004754