5.1 LEARNING OBJECTIVES
In this chapter, before turning to the discussion about study populations, participants, and sampling, a very important topic will be discussed which should be an overarching guide for all research efforts—ethics. After reading this chapter one should be able to:
• Understand what research ethics are
• Be familiar with the history of ethical standards
• Be familiar with the regulatory bodies and institutions who establish guidance on research ethics
• Understand the principles of The Belmont Report and Nuremburg Code
• Understand the importance of adhering to research ethics ...