Let’s get started. Inkscape is a very powerful program. However, you need to understand only a small part of it to begin drawing. This section gives you an overview of parts of the Inkscape user interface and then leads you through the creation of a few drawings. We will use a number of examples:
• Swedish Flag: A basic introduction to Inkscape using simple rectangles.
• European Flag: Includes drawing stars and precisely placing objects.
• Hiking Club Logo: Introduces text and is a serious foray into paths.
• Northern Pacific Railway Logo: Shows how to create a drawing from a photograph with the help of the auto-tracing routine. Layers are also introduced.
• Box of Playing Cards: Shows how to use Inkscape to draw a simple ...