Time for action — using Layers in web design
To start, we will create the very start of a website, or more specifically a blog, and create three layers in the design:
- Open Inkscape, and create a new document. From the file menu, select File | New | Desktop_800x600.
- From the main menu, choose File | Document Properties.
- Click on Background. The Background color dialog will be displayed.
- Change RGBA from ffffff00 to ffffffff. This will change the background color of this screen mockup to white.
- In the Layer dialog, click the + sign to create a new layer (or use Shift + Ctrl + N) and call it Header.
- Click the Create and Edit Objects tool and enter the header ...