Time for action — installing Inkscape templates
To install a template in Inkscape, do the following:
- Download the new template file. If it is in a compressed format (ZIP, RAR, and so on), uncompress or extract the SVG template file. You can use applications such as WinZip, WinRAR, or 7-Zip to extract files such as these.
- Open the SVG file itself in Inkscape to view the template to make sure it fits your needs.
- From the main menu, select File and then Save As. Choose a save location in your computer operating system's Inkscape template directory:
- For Windows, that directory is the
C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\templates folder
- For Mac OS, the directory is
- For Linux, the directory is typically