Research and New Case Company Results
In this chapter we review in-depth cases and best practices of CPM from companies that have received awards and honors and achieved notable performance results. These companies have earned over 175 awards. Chapter 3 contains Principles 1-5, the proven set of CPM processes leveraged by award-winning organizations to earn their coveted awards that will help you establish your CPM capabilities. Chapters 4 through 8 contain the comprehensive cases and all core and innovative best practices.
Research for my first book identified the following award-winning organizations, spanning government, commercial, and nonprofit models across multiple sectors, that were kind enough to share their stories and best practices. Their awards include:
• U.S. President’s Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award (MBNQA)
• Kaplan and Norton Global Balanced Scorecard Hall of Fame Award
• Deming Quality Award
• American Productivity & Quality Center (APQC) Best Practice Partner Award
• State Quality Awards (based on MBNQA criteria)
• Wall Street Journal’s “Top 20 Most Improved Companies in Shareholder Value”
• Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For”
• Several other honors and awards in each case
This book’s Winners’ Circle includes:
• Cargill Corn Milling (CCM)
• Delta Dental of Kansas, Inc.
• Lockheed Martin IS&GS
• M7 Aerospace
• Mueller, Inc.
• Omaha Public Power District
• Poudre Valley Health System
• Public Service Electric and Gas (PSE&G) ...