Sales teams have the potential to do great work.
Most sales teams do not devote enough energy to meeting dynamics and process awareness. The skills related to this are critical components of effective teamwork, collaboration and innovation, both internally and externally. Innovative Team Selling places the focus squarely on what will actually make team selling work within organizations large and small. It outlines how to help your teams master new skills in five specific categories: interpersonal, communication, presentation, problem solving, and facilitation. Author Eric Baron also explores the challenging issue of leveraging resources to develop innovative solutions for clients in order to compete effectively in a globalized economy.
Offers actionable strategies and techniques to improve collaboration, innovation and team processes
Demonstrates how to put the right members on the sales call, and how to leverage their expertise before, during and after the call
Explores in depth how teams can work effectively on a day-day-day basis to outperform their competition
Author Eric Baron is founder of The Baron Group and is a highly acclaimed public speaker and has spoken to hundreds of organizations, trade associations and industry groups throughout his career; he is also an adjunct professor at Columbia Business School where he teaches his very popular course, Entrepreneurial Selling Skills to second year MBAs
Innovative Team Selling shows you how to lead and participate in teams that work together effectively; strategize prior to the client meetings; make successful team sales calls; and debrief honestly to determine how to learn and grow from the experience.
Table of contents
- Praise for Innovative Team Selling
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: The Celebration, or Why We Need Sales Teams
- Chapter 2: Meetings, Bloody Meetings
- Chapter 3: Easy to Say; Hard to Do . . . Very Hard
- Chapter 4: So Who Does What and When?
- Chapter 5: Now, Let's Get Creative
- Chapter 6: Adding Structure to the Process
- Chapter 7: Getting Our Acts Together
- Chapter 8: It's All About Connecting
- Chapter 9: You Mean We Have to Sell, Too?
- Chapter 10: Positioning . . . A Key Ingredient in Understanding Needs
- Chapter 11: Just One More Question (or Ten), If You Will, Please
- Chapter 12: Are They Sales Teams or Needs Development Teams?
- Chapter 13: Is Anybody Listening?
- Chapter 14: The Big Day
- Chapter 15: Okay, So How Do We Do All That?
- Chapter 16: What Do You Mean You Don't Like It?
- Chapter 17: Bringing Home the Bacon
- Chapter 18: One Last Time: It's All About Differentiation
- About the Author
- About the Baron Group
- Title: Innovative Team Selling: How to Leverage Your Resources and Make Team Selling Work
- Release date: May 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118502259
You might also like
Malware Analyst's Cookbook and DVD: Tools and Techniques for Fighting Malicious Code
A computer forensics "how-to" for fighting malicious code and analyzing incidents With our ever-increasing reliance on …
Smart Calling: Eliminate the Fear, Failure, and Rejection from Cold Calling, 2nd Edition
Proven techniques to master the art of the cold call Cold calling is not only one …
The Data Warehouse ETL Toolkit: Practical Techniques for Extracting, Cleaning, Conforming, and Delivering Data
Cowritten by Ralph Kimball, the world's leading data warehousing authority, whose previous books have sold more …
Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and …