Take a Design-led Approach to Innovation
Innovation drives growth in organisations and entire economies. Yet innovation is hard, risky and rarely successful. Most innovations and startups fail because of a lack of focus on the front end of the innovation process where customer needs are researched, insights are distilled, solutions are ideated, prototyped and tested and business models are shaped. But innovation doesn’t have to be this way.
In Innovator’s Playbook, author and leading Design Thinking expert Nathan Baird shares his 20 years of hands-on experience, tools and methods for developing a winning customer-centric approach to innovation.
This book will teach you how to apply the design thinking method to innovation and help you to innovate better with five practical and proven stages:
1. Build the right team for innovation.
2. Better understand your customer through empathy.
3. Distill and refine customer-centric needs and insights.
4. Unleash your team’s creativity to create fresh new ideas
to address customer needs.
5. Experiment and validate desirable, feasible and viable solutions.
Innovator’s Playbook helps entrepreneurs, corporate teams, startups and leaders across all levels to use design-led methodologies for start-to-finish innovation success.
Table of contents
- My journey of discovery to innovation flow
- What’s all this noise about design?
- Stage 1 Get Started
- Stage 2 Discover
- Stage 3 Distill insights
- Stage 4A Ideate: Incubate & create
- Stage 4B Idea Generation Workshops
- Stage 5A Experiment: Desirability
- Stage 5B Experiment: Feasibility & Viability
- Over to you – your journey to innovation flow
- About the author
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Innovator's Playbook
- Release date: April 2020
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780730383642
You might also like
Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want
The authors of the international bestseller Business Model Generation explain how to create value propositions customers …
Startup, Scaleup, Screwup.
Real-world tools to build your venture, grow your business, and avoid mistakes Startup, Scaleup, Screwup is …
The Creator Mindset: 92 Tools to Unlock the Secrets to Innovation, Growth, and Sustainability
Creativity isn’t a “nice to have” leadership trait. It’s the key to success in every workplace …
The Creative Mindset
“Jeff and Staney emphasize that small acts of creativity can have huge consequences and that ordinary …