Develop message-based applications using ActiveMQ and the JMS
Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
Learn how to use the JMS API
Explore advanced messaging features in ActiveMQ
Useful information on common pitfalls new developers often encounter
Apache ActiveMQ is a powerful and popular open source messaging and Integration Patterns server. ActiveMQ is a fully JMS 1.1 compliant Message Broker and supports many advanced features beyond the JMS specification.
Instant ActiveMQ Application Development How-to shows you how to get started with the ActiveMQ Message Broker. You will learn how to develop message-based applications using ActiveMQ and the JMS specification.
In this book you will learn all the basic skills you need to start writing Java Messaging applications with a firm grounding in the more advanced features of ActiveMQ, giving you the tools to continue to master application development using ActiveMQ.
Starting by applying the messaging features of the JMS specification to write basic messaging applications, you will develop a basic JMS application using topics and queues to broadcast events as well as perform Request and Response operations over the JMS.
Once you have mastered the simple tasks you will move onto using the advanced features in ActiveMQ to supercharge your messaging applications. You will get to grips with ActiveMQ’s scheduler to delay messages. You will also learn how to leverage ActiveMQ’s fault-tolerant capabilities to create robust client applications.
Table of contents
Instant Apache ActiveMQ Messaging Application Development How-to
- Instant Apache ActiveMQ Messaging Application Development How-to
- About the Author
- About the Reviewer
1. Instant Apache ActiveMQ Messaging Application Development How-to
- Installing ActiveMQ (Simple)
- Setting up our development environment (Simple)
- Creating ActiveMQ applications (Simple)
- Dividing up work with queues (Simple)
- Event processing with topics (Simple)
- Selecting messages (Simple)
- Using the JMS request/response pattern (Intermediate)
- Scheduling message delivery (Advanced)
- Activity monitoring in ActiveMQ (Advanced)
- Application testing using embedded brokers (Advanced)
- Using ActiveMQ connection pools (Advanced)
- Using Virtual Destinations (Advanced)
- Using Failover transport (Advanced)
- Title: Instant Apache ActiveMQ Messaging Application Development How-to
- Release date: May 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782169413
You might also like
ActiveMQ in Action
Applications in enterprises need to communicate, most commonly done by messaging. Apache ActiveMQ is an open-source …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Java Coding Problems
Develop your coding skills by exploring Java concepts and techniques such as Strings, Objects and Types, …