Nobody pretends indexing data with Apache Solr is a walk in the park, but this book eases the path with plain language explanations and involving projects. Perfect for developers with sophisticated indexing ambitions.
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Take the most basic schema and extend it to support multi-lingual, multi-field searches
- Make Solr pull data from a variety of existing sources
- Discover different pathways to acquire and normalize data and content
Content and data searching is a very important part of the modern user experience, and before something can be searched, it has to be indexed. Indexing is a hidden part of the process that has a surprisingly strong impact on the overall user experience. From speed, to faceting, to multilingual support, everything depends on correct indexing.
Instant Apache Solr for Indexing Data How-to is an example-driven guide that will take you on a journey from the basic collection of data to a multi-lingual, multi-field, multi-type schema. By the end of the book, you will know how to get your data ready for searches and how to tune the process to achieve the required search use-cases.
Instant Apache Solr for Indexing Data How-to is a friendly, practical guide that will show you how to index your data with Solr. This book will explain how Solr’s basic blocks actually work and fit together. You will then explore additional settings, pipelines, and configuration changes to achieve ever more complex goals. You will then cover how to push data into Solr and when to get Solr to pull the data. You will then master indexing textual and binary context before enabling multilingual content to be searched.
Table of Contents
Instant Apache Solr for Indexing Data How-to
- Instant Apache Solr for Indexing Data How-to
- About the Author
- About the Reviewer
1. Instant Apache Solr for Indexing Data How-to
- Creating your first collection (Simple)
- Running several collections at once (Simple)
- Importing multivalued fields (Simple)
- Using Solr's XML format (Simple)
- Indexing text (Intermediate)
- Indexing text – in depth (Advanced)
- Indexing binary content on the server (Intermediate)
- Pulling data from XML with DataImportHandler (Intermediate)
- Pulling data from the database with DIH (Intermediate)
- Commits and near real-time optimizations (Advanced)
- Using the UpdateRequestProcessor plugins (Intermediate)
- Client indexing with Java (Intermediate)
- Atomic updates (Intermediate)
- Indexing multiple languages (Advanced)
- Title: Instant Apache Solr for Indexing Data How-to
- Release date: June 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782164845