Transfer data efficiently between RDBMS and the Hadoop ecosystem using the robust Apache Sqoo
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn how to transfer data between RDBMS and Hadoop using Sqoop
- Add a third-party connector into Sqoop
- Export data from Hadoop and Hive to RDBMS
- Describe third-party Sqoop connectors
In today’s world, data size is growing at a very fast rate, and people want to perform analytics by combining different sources of data (RDBMS, Text, and so on). Using Hadoop for analytics requires you to load data from RDBMS to Hadoop and perform analytics on that data, before then loading that process data back to RDBMS to generate business reports.
Instant Apache Sqoop is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a number of clear, step-by-step exercises that will help you to take advantage of the real power of Apache Sqoop and give you a good grounding in the knowledge required to transfer data between RDBMS and the Hadoop ecosystem.
Instant Apache Sqoop looks at the import/export process required in data transfer and discusses examples of each process. It will also give you an overview of HBase and Hive table structures and how you can populate HBase and Hive tables. The book will finish by taking you through a number of third-party Sqoop connectors.
You will also learn about various import and export arguments and how you can use these arguments to move data between RDBMS and the Hadoop ecosystem. This book also explains the architecture of import and export processes. The book will also take a look at some Sqoop connectors and will discuss examples of each connector. If you want to move data between RDBMS and the Hadoop ecosystem, then this is the book for you.
You will learn everything that you need to know to transfer data between RDBMS and the Hadoop ecosystem as well as how you can add new connectors into Sqoop.
Table of Contents
Instant Apache Sqoop
- Instant Apache Sqoop
- About the Author
- About the Reviewer
1. Instant Apache Sqoop
Working with the import process (Intermediate)
- Getting ready
- How to do it...
- How it works...
- There's more...
- Incremental import (Simple)
- Populating the HBase table (Simple)
- Importing data into HBase (Intermediate)
- Populating the Hive table (Simple)
- Importing data into Hive (Simple)
- The exporting process (Intermediate)
- Exporting data from Hive (Simple)
- Using Sqoop connectors (Advanced)
- Working with the import process (Intermediate)
- Title: Instant Apache Sqoop
- Release date: August 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782165767