A short and quick guide to mastering behavior-driven software development with Cucumber
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- A step-by-step process of developing a real project in a BDD-style using Cucumber
- Pro tips for writing Cucumber features and steps
- Introduces some popular and useful third-party gems used with Cucumber
Cucumber is a Behavior Driven Design framework, which allows a developer to write specification tests which then tests that the program works as it should. It is a different development paradigm, as it involves writing what the program should do first, then you develop until it passes the tests.
Instant Cucumber BDD How-to will cover basics of Cucumber in a Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) style and explain the essence of Cucumber, describe how to write Cucumber features to drive development in a real project, and also describe many pro tips for writing good Cucumber features and steps. Cucumber is a very fun and cool tool for writing automated acceptance tests to support software development in a Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) style.
Instant Cucumber BDD How-to will highlight Cucumber's central role in a development approach called Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), describe how to write Cucumber features to drive development in a real project, and finally introduce some famous third-party libraries used inline with Cucumber.
It will show you how to carry out all the tasks associated with BDD using Cucumber and write basic Cucumber steps. It will assist you in using Pro tips for writing expressive Gherkin and implement guidelines for writing DRY steps. You'll learn how to use Cucumber's Gherkin to describe the behavior customers want from the system in a plain language.
Table of contents
Instant Cucumber BDD How-to
- Instant Cucumber BDD How-to
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
1. Instant Cucumber BDD How-to
- Understanding behavior-driven development (Intermediate)
- Setting up an environment for Cucumber BDD on Rails (Intermediate)
- Writing your first Hello World feature (Simple)
- Learning foundation knowledge and skills (Intermediate)
Building a real web application with Cucumber (Intermediate)
- Getting ready
- How to do it...
- How it works...
- Mastering pro tips for writing expressive Gherkin (Intermediate)
- Mastering pro tips for writing good steps (Advanced)
- Using third-party libraries with Cucumber (Intermediate)
- Title: Instant Cucumber BDD How-to
- Release date: April 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782163480
You might also like
Cucumber with Java Build Automation Framework in Less Code
A Step-by-Step Cucumber BDD Approach to Designing a Powerful Testing Framework (Selenium,Appium,API) with Minimal Coding About …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
The Cucumber Book, 2nd Edition
Your customers want rock-solid, bug-free software that does exactly what they expect it to do. Yet …