The ultimate Starter guide for evaluating rules engines and getting started with Drools
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Discover Drools and learn to harvest the power of rules
- Write a rules engine and put it into practice
- Explore key features from brass tacks syntax to testing and troubleshooting
Drools is a popular business rule management system. The book introduces the concept of rules separation, from what to do to how to do it. This Starter guide supports your development to keep pace with your system’s ever-changing needs, making things simple and easy by taking the rigidity out of complex codes.
"Instant Drools Starter" is a practical, hand-on guide that provides you with a number of clear and concise explanations with relatable examples. This book offers step-by-step exercises to help you understand business rule management systems. Learn how they work, how they're best used, and how to perform frequently used tasks and techniques.
This Starter guide helps you get familiar with the Drools concept. You will learn to evaluate rules engines and cover all the basics, from rules authoring to troubleshooting. This book highlights the capabilities of the Drools modules.
After discovering exactly what rules are and what a rule engine brings to the table, we will quickly learn how to install Drools. The guide then explores different tools of the trade and gets you writing your first set of rules instantly. We'll then take those rules, write vital codes piece by piece, and put them into action. In addition, with this guide, learn how to document and troubleshoot everything behind the scenes, as well as developing your rules to the next level. "Instant Drools Starter" will cover everything you need to know to get started, so if you are looking for a complete guide that provides simple solutions to complex problems, look no further.
Table of Contents
Instant Drools Starter
- Instant Drools Starter
- About the Author
- About the Reviewer
1. Instant Drools Starter
- So, what is Drools?
- Quick start – creating your first rules application
Top 5 features you need to know about
- Reading and writing Drools Rule Language syntax
- Working with facts
- Testing your rules
- Debugging the rule evaluation process
- The five core modules that make up Drools
- People and places you should get to know
- Title: Instant Drools Starter
- Release date: March 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782165545