An easy-to-use guide on how to test Java applications of any scope using Eclipse IDE
Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
Learn how to install Eclipse and Java for any platform
Get to grips with how to efficiently navigate in the Eclipse environment using shortcuts
Create your own Java sample app and learn how to test and debug it using a rich set of Eclipse debugging tools
Learn how to create an automatic set of tests for your app using the JUnit framework
Easyto follow steps backed up by the code and detailed explanations
Detecting bugs and flaws in an application is difficult. Eclipse is a multi-language software development environment comprising of an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and an extensible plugin system. Testing the Eclipse Platform during every build using an extensive suite of automated tests helps in disclosing bugs and rectifying them.
"Instant Eclipse Application Testing How-to" is a quick guide to learning how to test all types of Java applications in an Eclipse environment. This book gives you a step-by-step approach towards application testing and debugging along with optimized sample test projects.
"Instant Eclipse Application Testing How-to" is a hands-on guide that gives developers an insight into how to test Java applications using Eclipse IDE. This book will guide you through the process by allowing you to create a Java application and debug it using a wide variety of Eclipse debugging tools. The book is filled with practical examples, so you will start coding and debugging right away. After reading the book you will be proficient enough to debug Java applications of any scope.
Table of Contents
Instant Eclipse Application Testing How-to
- Instant Eclipse Application Testing How-to
- About the Author
- About the Reviewer
1. Instant Eclipse Application Testing How-to
- Setting up the work environment (Simple)
- Exploring Eclipse Debug Perspective (Simple)
- Using Debug Perspective – setting breakpoints (Simple)
- Using a conditional breakpoint (Intermediate)
- Using an exception breakpoint (Intermediate)
- Using a method breakpoint (Intermediate)
- Using Watchpoint (Intermediate)
- Using Printpoint (Intermediate)
- Using a hit count breakpoint (Intermediate)
- JUnit testing (Simple)
- Coding JUnit tests (Simple)
- Creating a JUnit Test Suite (Intermediate)
- Title: Instant Eclipse Application Testing How-to
- Release date: April 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782163244