Learn how to create and implement HTML templates into your projects using the Handlebars library
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Create and display templates on your pages
- Extend Handlebars with custom helpers
- Organize your code with partials
- Optimize your development environment
"Instant Handlebars.js" is a complete guide to the Handlebars library filled with internal concepts and practical examples that will help illustrate what’s going on and take you from a complete beginner to a Handlebars expert.
"Instant Handlebars.js" begins with the very basics, requiring no previous knowledge about templating engines. Throughout the course of this book, you get a thorough tour of all the features available in Handlebars.js and you will learn how to organize your websites for both development and production.
In this book, we will cover how to create templates with both placeholders and helpers. We will then go into organizing your projects for rapid -development using Require.js and how to optimize and compile your projects for production. To finish off, you will learn how to annotate your code and leave debug points so that you can easily maintain and troubleshoot your code in the future.
Handlebars is a small library;, it is meant to fill a specific need and it does this well. "Instant Handlebars.js" takes a very methodical approach to cover every aspect of this amazing library with practical examples provided every step of the way.
Table of Contents
- Instant Handlebars.js
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
1. Instant Handlebars.js
- So, what is Handlebars?
- Quick start – creating your first template
- Top 6 features you need to know about
- People and places you should get to know
- Title: Instant Handlebars.js
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781783282654