Enjoy creating a multi-page site, using the exciting new Meteor framework!
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Create multi-page Meteor sites
- Learn best practices for structuring your app for maximum efficiency
- Use and configure a NoSQL database
- Publish your finished apps to the Web
- Learn not only the code but the processes as well
Meteor takes many of the cutting edge breakthroughs in web applications that until now have been reserved for larger companies, and makes them available to everyone. Meteor completely rethinks the standard model of web apps, in order to create fast, fluid, and engaging content.
This book starts from the beginning; you don’t need to know about Meteor, NoSQL databases, or even programming best practices, but by the end of the book you should be well versed in each of these.
In this book you will learn about the issues that led to the creation of Meteor, and how it fixes these issues. You will learn about writing code for an MVVM architecture and about structuring your code for security and efficiency. We will cover topics such as securing your data and access control, as well as deploying the finished product to the Web.
Table of Contents
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
- So, what is Meteor?
- Quick start - creating your first application
- Top 4 features you need to know about
- People and places you should get to know
- Release date: April 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782163428