Develop, debug and profile your C++ applications using the MinGW open source software
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Learn how to use MinGW with new projects, and how to integrate it with old ones
- Learn how to integrate your applications with well-known, open source, GUI libraries
- Vital tips on how to use the most popular open source Integrated Development Environment systems with MinGW
If you need stable, dynamically developed, and easy-to-configure instrumentation for application development, look no further than MinGW. It supplies all the dynamic tools you need to enable you to develop Microsoft Windows applications, while allowing for easy integration with the software that you already use.
This book will give you the expert guidance you will need to start developing applications with Instant MinGW. As well as help you to become an experienced user of MinGW, the book will also detail some of the more common pitfalls that beginners face when first using the software, and more importantly, how to avoid them yourself.
This book will help you through the installation process, and help introduce you to compilation, debugging, and profiling with MinGW. It will guide you in importing existing projects developed with Visual C++ Integrated Development Environment to MinGW, and show you how to start using it to develop your current projects with minimal effort.
This book will also introduce you to developing applications with several well-known, open source, GUI libraries and the MinGW software.
With Instant MinGW Starter, you will gain a reliable, comprehensive, and supremely beneficial introduction to the MinGW software, and quickly learn how to use it for new, and old, projects.
Table of Contents
Instant MinGW Starter
- Instant MinGW Starter
- About the Author
- About the Reviewer
1. Instant MinGW Starter
- So, what is MinGW?
- Quick start – Creating your first MinGW project
Top features you'll want to know about
- 1 – Make utility usage
- 2 – Compiler options
- 3 – Importing the existing Visual C++ project
- 4 – Debugging application
- 5 – Profiling application
- 6 – Developing with cross-platform libraries
- 7 – Integrating with IDE
- People and places you should get to know
- Title: Instant MinGW Starter
- Release date: January 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849695626