Discover unit testing using PowerMock
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Understand how to test unit code using PowerMock, through hands-on-examples
- Learn how to avoid unwanted behaviour of code using PowerMock for testing
- Explore the features of PowerMock through the selection of clear, practical, step-by-step recipes
Writing good unit tests can be hard in situations where we have to deal with static, final, or private methods. Sometimes, even a good design is sacrificed for the sake of testability. A mocking framework’s ability to create mocks for almost any scenario enables us to focus on accurately programming for a business environment.
Starting with a basic example of how to create a mock and verify a method invocation Instant Testing with PowerMock then demonstrates various features of PowerMock using clear, practical, step-by-step recipes. By the end of this book, you will be able to write unit tests for almost any scenario and suppress unwanted behaviour to effectively unit test your code.
Moving on from the basics, you will learn to write unit tests for static, final, and private methods, and write flexible unit tests using argument matchers. Following on from this, you will also learn how to mock a few methods of a class, and invoke real implementation of others using partial mocks or spies. This book will teach you the tricks of the trade that will enable you to write good unit tests for a wide range of scenarios.
Table of Contents
Instant Mock Testing with PowerMock
- Instant Mock Testing with PowerMock
- About the Author
- About the reviewer
1. Instant Mock Testing with PowerMock
- Saying Hello World! (Simple)
- Getting and installing PowerMock (Simple)
- Mocking static methods (Simple)
- Verifying method invocation (Simple)
- Mocking final classes or methods (Simple)
- Mocking constructors (Medium)
- Understanding argument matchers (Medium)
Understanding the Answer interface (Advanced)
- Getting ready
- How to do it...
- How it works...
- Partial mocking with spies (Advanced)
- Mocking private methods (Medium)
- Breaking the encapsulation (Advanced)
- Suppressing unwanted behavior (Advanced)
- Title: Instant Mock Testing with PowerMock
- Release date: October 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781783289950