A guide to easily getting your Nagios server up and running for monitoring, alerting, and reporting
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Install Nagios with minimal fuss on any Unix and Linux platform
- Harness the flexibility of Nagios for intelligent monitoring
- Utilize Nagios data for reporting and data visualization
Whether your project is large or small, the world demands reliability from its information technology. Nagios provides an effective solution to monitor any type of technology, whether it is hardware, software, or business processes. No company wants to lose face because of poor reliability; it is better to know where the problems are before your customers do!.
Instant Nagios Starter is a powerful tool, teaching you how to use Nagios as a monitoring solution and how it can be set up for intelligent monitoring as well as incident response.
You will learn the fundamentals of how Nagios works and getting Nagios up and running in your environment. Get introduced to the key functionalities of Nagios and learn how to implement them for effective monitoring. With installation and setup broken down into easy-to-follow steps, you will be equipped with all the resources you’ll need to extend Nagios’ capabilities for any of your monitoring needs. Furthermore, learn to efficiently utilize the different tools that Nagios employs for monitoring, alerting as well as incident management
Table of Contents
Instant Nagios Starter
- Instant Nagios Starter
- About the Author
- About the Reviewer
1. Instant Nagios Starter
- So, what is Nagios?
- Step 1 – What do I need?
- Step 2 – Prerequisites
- Step 3 – Downloading and extracting Nagios and Nagios plugins
- Step 4 – Compiling and installing
- Step 5 – The Nagios directory structure
- Step 6 – Installing NRPE and NRDP
- Step 7 – Post installation setup
- And that's it!
- Quick start – Monitoring hosts and services
Top 5 features you'll want to know about
- Active checks using agents
- Passive checks for remote locations
- Incident management and alerting
- Data visualization and reporting
- Nagios basic troubleshooting
- People and places you should get to know
- Title: Instant Nagios Starter
- Release date: May 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782162506