Build scalable message based applications with RabbitMQ
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn how to build message-based applications with RabbitMQ using a practical Node.js ecommerce example
- Implement various messaging patterns including asynchronous work queues, publish subscribe and topics.
- Lean how to successfully configure RabbitMQ and understand how this impacts performance.
RabbitMQ is an open source message-broker that implements the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) standard. This book will enable you to take advantage of RabbitMQ to create scalable, message-based applications.
In "Instant RabbitMQ Messaging Application Development How-to" you start by understanding the reasons for using an AMQP message broker; you will then implement a simple messaging application.
You will then be guided through the process of decoupling an existing highly-coupled e-commerce application using messaging patterns and look at RabbitMQ options for reliable message delivery. You’ll finish your journey by exploring more advanced routing patterns. This book takes a highly practical approach we will offer numerous hints and tips for successful application development along the way.
Table of contents
Instant RabbitMQ Messaging Application Development How-to
- Instant RabbitMQ Messaging Application Development How-to
- About the Author
- About the Reviewer
1. Instant RabbitMQ Messaging Application Development How-to
- What can RabbitMQ do for you?
- Installing RabbitMQ (Simple)
- Installing Node.js (Simple)
- Hello World (Simple)
- Work Queues (Intermediate)
- Persistent messages (Intermediate)
- Acknowledgements (Intermediate)
- Publisher Confirms (Intermediate)
- Publish Subscribe (Advanced)
- Complex routing (Advanced)
- Go forth and multiply
- Title: Instant RabbitMQ Messaging Application Development How-to
- Release date: May 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782165743
You might also like
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Building Event-Driven Microservices
Organizations today often struggle to balance business requirements with ever-increasing volumes of data. Additionally, the demand …
Microservices in Action
Microservices in Action teaches you how to write and maintain microservice-based applications. Created with day-to-day development …
Solutions Architect's Handbook
From fundamentals and design patterns to the different strategies for creating secure and reliable architectures in …