Staying up-to-date (Intermediate)
This task will describe how to keep the Raspberry Pi operating system up-to-date by using
You will need:
- A Raspberry Pi
- An SD Card with the official Raspberry Pi OS, Raspbian, properly loaded
- A USB keyboard
- A USB mouse
- A 5V 1A power supply with Micro-USB connector
- A network connection
- And a screen hooked up to your Raspberry Pi
- At the command line, enter
sudo apt-get update.
- When that has finished, enter
sudo apt-get upgrade.
- Answer yes to any prompts that ask for confirmation.
- Reboot your Raspberry Pi by entering
- After logging back in, enter
sudo rpi-update into the terminal.
- Select the defaults that are presented.
- Reboot your Raspberry Pi by entering ...