Discover automated application testing techniques for anything that is visible on the computer screen
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Write simple tests using the Sikuli IDE
- Construct a framework for running your tests and reporting results
- Learn best practices for building reusable Sikuli scripts and sharing capabilities between them
Automated testing of applications is a hot topic in software development, but doing it effectively and flexibly is a difficult task. Sikuli provides an excellent balance, leveraging the simplicity of constructing tests using screenshots and the expressive power of the Python programming language to construct automated tests.
Instant Sikuli Starter: Effective Test Automation presents a series of examples that build on one another to demonstrate the key features provided by Sikuli. You will also learn additional techniques that will allow you to construct effective automated application test suites quickly and easily.
Beginning with a quick introduction to Sikuli, you will be guided through everything you need to know to write your own script with Sikuli. Learn how to use Sikuli for automated testing starting from the very basics, such as starting applications, taking screenshots, and navigating the mouse, before moving on to more advanced topics like constructing large testing suites using reusable test fragments. Along the way, you will also learn how to leverage Sikuli's links to both the Python language and Java to create richer tests. Everything you'll need to write effective tests, manage test suites, execute tests, and generate reports is presented in a series of examples demonstrating the power of Sikuli. Towards the end of this book, you will become more confident in your ability to execute test suites and generate reports using Sikuli.
Ext.NET Application Development How-to will teach you everything you need to get you started programming web applications using the Ext.NET framework.
Table of Contents
Instant Sikuli Test Automation
- Instant Sikuli Test Automation
- About the Author
- About the Reviewer
1. Instant Sikuli Test Automation
- So, what is Sikuli?
Quick start – writing your first script
- Your first script with Sikuli on Mac OS X
- Your first script with Sikuli on Windows
Top 13 features you need to know about
- The basics
- Finding things on the screen and how to use regions
- Flow control in Python using loops
- More flow control techniques and interacting with scrollbars
- Utilizing Python in your Sikuli scripts
- Event-driven workflows
- Test automation
- Assembling a testing framework
- Debugging Sikuli scripts
- Capturing images using capture()
- Accessing Java from Sikuli
- Searching for and decoding text on the screen
- Extracting text using the clipboard() method
- People and places you should get to know
- Title: Instant Sikuli Test Automation
- Release date: July 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782167877